Wednesday, February 2, 2011

# 17 -- The Dirty Parts of the Bible

I got this book free on my iTouch Kindle app. I friend had recommended it to me, and Amazon said if I liked Water for Elephants (one of my all-time favorites), then I might like this title as well.

I did like it, though it is a little crass in some parts, it had a "sweet" story throughout. It's set during the Depression and is actually based on the story of the author's grandparents (I think). The main character is the son of a preacher in Michigan, who travels to Texas to meet the relatives he's never seen. He actually ends up in Glen Rose, which I found "funny" because I just recently spend the weekend in Glen Rose.

If you can get past the few cuss words and the "coming of age" issues young boys have, you'll enjoy the story. The author could have left most of that out, but he didn't.

No comments: