Monday, February 21, 2011

# 22 -- Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella is a laugh-out-loud read! I listened to this one on my iPod and I can't tell you how many times I groaned, laughed, or yelled "NO!" to the main character (Rebecca) when she was about to do something foolish. If other people around me were paying attention, they probably thought I'd lost my mind! I also loved that the book was set in London! Hearing about some of the places I've been made me want to go back!

The sad thing is that I was just like Rebecca several years ago. I was $50,000 in debt and not paying attention to where my finances were headed. When I finally "woke up" it was horrible! Luckily, I had a wonderful husband who supported me emotionally while I took care of my money problems. Now I'm debt free and love not having to worry about that "cloud" hanging over my head. However, I don't know if you are every truly FREE from the want/need to spend. I just make a conscience effort every day to watch where my money goes and don't let it get away from me.

No comments: