Thursday, February 3, 2011

# 18 -- Listen

Listen by Rene Gutteridge is a Christian fiction story about the power of words. The novel begins with a website created in a small town that posts everything people say in private.

It really makes you think about how what you say can hurt someone else even if they hear it second or third hand. There is also quite a bit of suspense and drama flowing through the secondary storylines.

I enjoyed it. However, I read it on my eReader (I won't tell you which one I have except that's it's an older type) and I didn't enjoy that part of it. This particular reader is not as easy to read as the new Kindle or Nook and the page-turning feature leaves something to be desired.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy an eReader for myself (the one I have was given to me via the district because of our new Digital Library). I've tried out a few of my friends devices, but can't decide which one I would like to own. I also don't want to spend a TON of money. Thankfully, most of the newer eReaders are much more affordable. I'm just going to have to keep looking and see if I can find one right for me.

Oops! I forgot to add my penguin rating:

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

Good luck on finding the perfect ereader for you! I've had a kindle for a while and love it. But I recently got an ipad for school and I like to read on it, too, using my kindle app. But everyone I know who has a nook loves that one. It really is a personal thing. And no matter what, there are still books that I want to hold in my hand and turn the pages and smell the "new book" smell. (Is it the glue or what?) Anyway, have fun trying them out!