Sunday, May 29, 2011

# 44 -- Glimpse

I've read a couple books by Carol Lynch Williams and love her work. She does a great job of sharing the emotions and depth of her characters and pulls the reader in almost from the very first page.

Glimpse is a fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat, novel in verse that takes you into the lives of two sisters and their relationship. It's their love for each other that makes them survivors against the circumstances of their existence.

After I finished the book, my co-worker picked it up and was reading it at her desk. Before I knew it, she was well into the pages, looked up at me and said, "I don't think I like where this is going, but I can't put it down. I have to finish it."

This one is really good, but be prepared to for the ride in the beginning...you won't be getting off until the story is done!

No comments: