Sunday, March 6, 2011

#28 -- Chasing Lincoln's Killer


I've actually had this book beside my chair in the living room for a couple of months. I knew I wanted to read it, but I kept putting it off, reading other titles that came across my desk. This weekend, I decided to just go ahead and open the cover. To my surprise, it read very quickly and had some wonderful pictures and documents that support the story of Booth's assassination of President Lincoln. I finished it in less than 24 hours.

I think most people are familiar with the story, but I thought the whole event took a day or two, with Booth being chased into a barn and captured right after he's shot Lincoln. This is not the case and the events actually span about 12 days or so. There was so much more to the story, I'm glad I read the book and learned about the entire conspiracy. Really interesting!

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

I've had this in my pile for a while, too. Guess I'll take a crack at it!