Sunday, April 24, 2011

# 32 -- The Cleaner


This story was good, but might have been easier to follow if I was reading it instead of listening to it. There were lots of characters and the story moves all over the planet.

It started in one setting (northern mid-west of the U.S., I think) and ends up in Europe. The plot twists and turns and adds layers until I had totally forgotten where we had started from. (Of course that could have been my ill health and the fact that it took so long for me to finish the book.)

There are other stories with this character (Jonathan Quinn) and I wouldn't mind reading another one to see if the next one is more tightly written....sometimes the first novel is always the hardest one to read and the writer gets better the more they hone their craft.

No comments: