Sunday, April 24, 2011

# 33 -- The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner is another novel in the dystopia genre. It's the first in a trilogy, the second book The Scorch Trials has just recently been published and the last book will be titled The Death Cure.

This book reminded me of a civilized, end-of-the-world version of The Lord of the Flies (though I haven't read that since high school), except that there are "others" somewhere in control of the maze and it's inhabitants.

It was a hard book to start (of course I was coming off being sick and didn't really feel like reading), but I did WANT to read it and so I pushed through. I'm beginning to "hate" these books that are part of a series though. I'm tired of reading and waiting for the end, only to find out that I'll have to read another book or two to really understand the story as a whole.

I don't know if I'll read the other two books in this trilogy. I'll have to wait and see, but this book was interesting and I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

eVe said...

I have "hired help" for the rest of these series in the form of a kid who promised to write me one page or less summaries of the books in exchange for donuts. It's a good solution, I feel.

Librarianmarn said...

That does sound like a good solution!