Monday, January 31, 2011

Reading Challenge for MHS

So I've started a reading challenge at my high school....we have 44 teachers/staff participating in 10 groups. Each week, the groups total up the number of pages they read and take an average for the group. The group with the most pages read by May 25th will get a free lunch at the restaurant of their choice....

Today was the first week to turn in their totals. I was so proud of our groups, so many pages read! Of course, I'm going to have to tie up a couple of teachers....one read 1600 pages last week and the other one on her team read 1400. The GROUP AVERAGE for that team was 1065 pages (the other two members of the team read 1000 pages between them)! Good Grief! I thought I was doing well reading 900+. We've got our work cut out for us. Somebody give them something else to do so the rest of us can get caught up!

No comments: