Sunday, January 2, 2011

# 1 for 2011 -- The Sunday Philosophy Club

The Sunday Philosophy Club was an okay read. I'll be honest, it's harder for me to read British writers and I sometimes get bogged down in their descriptions and storylines. It doesn't mean it's not a good book, just that I have a harder time pulling through it. If I'm reading in complete silence, it goes quickly and I enjoyed the subject of this mystery, but trying to read while my husband watched tv or my daughter played on the computer close to me just wasn't working. I have to stay much more focused on a British writer than I do on American authors and sometimes I just don't have the time or space to do so.

2 comments:

jsd said...

I listened to it while driving to Waco and back last summer. Thought it was very entertaining and the reader was perfect for the part - beautiful Scottish accent.

Librarianmarn said...

That may be what I need to do. I love finding an audio book that has the right voices to pull me into the story. That's why I listen to ALL of J.D. Robb's stories. The woman who reads them is AMAZING!