Wednesday, August 10, 2011

# 65 -- Blessed

I've been reading Cynthia Leitich Smith since I was in school to become a librarian. She is very talented and writes for both children and YA. I enjoy her writing style and look forward to what she's publishing next.

Blessed, is the third in the Tantalize series. I was unaware that this was a series when I read the second book (Eternal) because it didn't have the characters or setting of the first book (Tantalize). Now that I've read this one, I see the connection between the first two.

If you've read the other books a long time ago, I would encourage you to go back and read Tantalize again, or at least skim it. It had been several years since I read it and I was a little lost at the beginning of this book because I couldn't remember where we left of in Austin.

One of the things I like about this storyline is it's setting in Austin, since I used to live there and know the different areas of town Smith refers to. I also like that Smith has woven the classic tale of Bram Stoker's Dracula into this edition of the series. I hope there is more to come from these characters.

No comments: