Monday, October 22, 2007

7 1/2 Lifefong Learning Habits -- Thing #2

One of the greatest things about reading the "7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits" was to learn that I already do most of them. I was afraid I would have to learn a whole new set of habits to follow. Whew!

The hardest habit I have to follow would be #1, "Begin with the end in mind." This is talking about goals and knowing where you are going. I don't have trouble with this when I'm teaching, or working with teachers, but in my everyday life (work & personal), it's not so easy for me to do. Maybe whether or not I "can" do it is not the problem, but that I "don't" do it! I guess I will start now! I've set up my Learning Contract for this Web 2.0 journey, I can transfer that to the other areas of my life as well. Long-term and short-term goals are needed! I will get right on that, I promise......

Much easier for me, is habit #2, "Accept responsibility for your own learning." No problem! I LOVE LEARNING! I love school! I love everything that goes with it.....okay, not EVERYTHING, but you know what I mean. Learning is fun, if you approach it the right way. Find what interests you and get deeper. That's what I tell my students, and I try to model it every chance I get. We can't stop learning or we will shrivel up and die on the inside. I can't imagine! What wonderful things are out there still to learn!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...shrivel up.....
Don't rust out, wear out!

Good ideas - you sound like fun to be around!