Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mashups - Thing #6

Too Cool! I love the mashup sites. What a great idea! I added the READ sign from Flickr tools to the blog here and I saved a magazine cover from the FD Toys. It was so easy and fun. I can't wait to get back to school in the morning and save the magazine cover to my school website.

I talked to MW and she said I could save it like a picture file and upload it. We will see if it's as easy as she says. I have it saved to my laptop and I'm going to try to send it to myself via email. Then I can load it on my school computer and put it on the website. (It worked! Check it out here.)

I like the idea of making mosaics and tiled photos to place on the website instead of just one picture after another like I have in the past. I wanted a way to turn it up a notch and I've definitely found it. I think the kids and teachers will get a kick out of it as well.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love it too! What a great practical use. My favorite was the mosiac toy for displaying a larger number of pictures.

The Loud Librarian said...

Loved seeing the magazine cover work on your school webpage. I hope when I find the "right" photo from school that I can post it successfully like you did.