Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Do You Google? - Thing #7


Google, originally uploaded by warrantedarrest.

Google is seriously taking the world by storm! There are so many gadgets and pages to play with, you could spend all day there. I guess that's the idea...why go anywhere else when it's all in one place!?

When I started looking at the different areas we were supposed to explore, I realized I already had iGoogle, but don't use it like I want because of the school filters. Though I liked the calendar option, I already have too many calendars to keep up with and don't think I'll add another one right now. However, I may use it next year as part of my library calendar option. What's frustrating is if I try to use it for school use, my teachers will also have to go through all the steps to remove the school filter and they won't use it because it takes too much of their time.

I've got to get back out there and play with the gadgets some more so I can see what else I might use. Right now, the idea of having to remove blocks every time we want to use it bugs me!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We did talk about the google calendar as an option but thought the blocked thing would be too much of an obstacle.