Sunday, January 20, 2008

Animoto -- Thing #22

Animoto is so easy to use. The only parts I want to work on are picture size (so they will load quicker) and uploading my own music. Other than that, it was the easiest program to use.

I couldn't upload my pictures from Flickr because there was some communication problem between the two sites, so I just took them from my desktop and uploaded them there.

I like the fact you just put the pictures up, choose a song, and they do all the work. I wondered, though, if they just have those 10 or so songs per genre or if there's more? I only saw one page of songs per group and would like more to choose from without having to go to my own music library.

After I made the video of my anniversary trip to St. Louis, (blogged below), I made one from my daughter's birthday party. She loved it and wanted to send it to her friends. It was so simple to just send it to her via email, and now she can let her friends see it, too.

What a cool site!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Librarian Man,

Thanks for writing us up. I'm Becky from Animoto by the way. We certainly appreciate the kind words. Our collection as you see it is currently all we have. However, we'll hopefully be adding some more soon.

We got Flickr working, so you shouldn't encounter problems with that anymore.

And lastly, what's up with all these 23 lists I see in our Google Alerts always? I get that it's part of an educational scavenger hunt/experiment, but who makes the list in the first place? I couldn't find a history on it or anything.

Well, again, thanks for the write-up, and if you ever have any problems, never hesitate to write-in with questions/suggestion at

theguys@animoto.com

or at our message board:

http://animotoaddicts.ning.com

Thanks again,
Becky

Brittney said...

You're right, it is so easy! Just follow the steps, 1...2...3...and you're done! I enjoyed watching your "short" with pictures from a St.Louis trip. St. Louis is one of the places on my "to go" list but my one year old is delaying the trip...maybe one day! I haven't tried emailing a video yet but I saw the icon on Animoto where you could email straight from their site. They really have made it user-friendly!

rookiereader said...

I also e-mailed my video I created after I posted it to my blog. It was so easy...as you said, one click. I e-mailed myself at home too just to check, and it was there in no time. What a great way to send quick photos out to distant family and friends. It might also be a way to advertise the library to other teachers on campus. I'm not sure about how e-mailing the the short will work in our system though.