Saturday, January 19, 2008

Podcasts -- Thing #21

My favorite podcast directory is iTunes, though I know the others listed in our exercise and have used them. I've got an iTunes account and like being able to listen to the podcasts on my iPod. I've got them whenever I need/want them that way.

One of the ones I really liked was called Meet the Candidates, and has interviews with the Presidential candidates available for download.

Though I didn't download any podcasts to my Google RSS Reader, I did help another librarian get it on her's. The most important thing to remember is that a podcast is not a single item, but a subscription to a list of related items. You don't just get one, you get the past, present and future programs within that podcast.

That is, if you have more than one (which I don't, yet), but you can hear mine, if you like, on PowerMediaPlus and you can search for school related podcasts since we have a membership with them.

I think I'll try the Odeo site when I create my next podcast and see if it's easier than the software I've used before.

1 comment:

library gal said...

I didn't know you had a podcast posted. How did it go? Any suggestions on making it run smoother? The one I did last year went so well I think I was lulled into thinking it was easy. I have 3 in the works now and they are proving to be difficult. Lost scripts, scripts not written, things written on the wrong topic, things that weren't a problem last year. Hopefully we will start recording after Spring Break but it has taken so much editing I was wondering if you might have some tips.