Thursday, January 17, 2008

Flowcharts & Mind Maps -- Thing #19



The difference between flowcharts and mind maps is that one is free to do what it wants (mind maps) and the other has a destination (flowcharts).

I tried out Gliffy for my flowchart above. It was cool, but you need your information in front of you so you know where to put everything. You can't leave any steps out or the chart doesn't work.

For mind mapping, I chose Bubbl.us and found it to be very user-friendly. I simply added all the things I needed to do today to make a map of my day.

I'm not sure I'd use these much in the elementary school since we have another brainstorming software on our computers, but I can see other businesses using it if they don't have the software or if they want to collaborate via the Internet.

I could use the flowcharts when I work on my next research unit.....hmmmmm.

1 comment:

mmw said...

You were a busy girl on Thursday!