Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Online Image Generators -- Thing #10



This is too cool! I've always wondered where these images and ideas come from when you look at websites. Once upon a time, you had to know all the special codes and speak computer geek to get anything done.

I can remember making "pictures" out of computer code in high school back in the 80's, or writing the commands to make my name repeat across the screen. We thought that was something! Now, a whole world of images, graphics and possibilities are waiting for the click of a mouse. It's amazing!

The Bluebonnet Voting button will be posted on my library website's front page tomorrow when I return to work. I wish that website worked as easily as the blog and that I could manipulate it from any online source. And, of course, I couldn't go too long without a tattoo image. I just wish my back looked that good! :)

My favorite generator, right now, is Image Chef. I like it's ease in posting my images; either by HTML, click & drag to desktop, or a direct post to my blog from their website. Most of the image generators were very easy to use, but the Happy Face Generator gave me trouble. Some of the pages wouldn't load, so I'm wondering if they were just having a server problem. I'll check back with them at a later date and see if it has been fixed.

1 comment:

Ms.PaigeTurner said...

I forgot all about making pictures using computer codes. I think the big thing when I was in school was to type hello on a calculator!