Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wikis -- Thing #15

First, I've got to say, "I LOVE those Common Craft guys!" Their videos are fantastic and fun to watch!

Okay, so wikis are something I've been waiting on, but didn't know I needed. The Common Craft guys explain it best when they show the difference between email and a wiki. I need a place I can meet with my teachers when we can't physically be in the same room. I can't wait to set up wikis for my grade levels so we can discuss research ideas without trying to work out everyone's schedule!

I also think I could use a wiki for student projects and ideas from teachers about changes to the library program. No one has to come down to the library to talk to me, they can say what they need to when they think about it, even if they're at home when it comes to them.

I also wish I'd done this "thing" before I set up my book group in LibraryThing because I think it would possibly be easier to manage since there is no "sign-up" to be a part of the wiki group.

Oh what a Wiki web we weave!

1 comment:

mmw said...

I like your characterization of a wiki as a place for people to meet when they can't physically be in the same place.