Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Number 110 -- The Omnivore's Dilemma

The Omnivore's Dilemma: The Secrets Behind What You Eat, by Michael Pollan, was eye-opening to say the least! I read the "Young Readers Edition" because that's what we had at the MHS Library, but I doubt it is too far off his original adult publication. What I appreciate about Pollan's writing is that he's not preachy or theoretical in his approach, but simply gives us the facts as he knows them. And he does know his "stuff" because the book is full of HIS experiences with the different types of food cycles he talks about.

I've explored some of the websites he lists in the book and will forever change the way I look at what the supermarket gives me to eat. I wanted to make a change in the way I ate in the New Year, and this book has given me the foundation I needed and a plan to follow! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: