Saturday, December 11, 2010

Number 98 -- Hourglass

Hourglass by Claudia Gray, is the third in the Evernight series. Though it is "another vampire book," the story is different than what you might have read before. I'm impressed by the characters and by the way Gray is able to take me completely by surprise.

I read for pleasure, and don't try to figure things out ahead of time. Usually, I understand the direction a story is going, but in the first two books of this series (Evernight and Stargazer), there was a point in the novel where I had a "what just happened?!" moment and was startled by what I had just read.

If you like vampire stories, you'll like this one, but it also has lots of twists, turns, action, and drama. I will have to go and find out where I can get the next installment (Afterlife). We don't have it yet in our library, so I'll have to make sure it finds it's way to our list of new books to buy for next year!

No comments: